About Me

My photo
I am a daughter, a wife, and a mommy to 2 amazing boys. I have been married for 15 years to my hubs! I love Jesus with all my being. I appreciate a good cup of strong coffee, chocolate, yellow flowers, and my toes in the sand on a sunny FL. day. "What lies Behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us" Emerson.

Friday, August 20, 2010

Day #2 of our transition with Aiden

Day #2 went so good!  We picked Aiden up at his Grandma's house around 11:00 AM and went to a park. Let me tell you...it is HOT in Austin, TX.  We had lunch by the river and then went to get some ice cream to cool off.   As we were dropping Aiden back off at his Grandma's house for a break in between visits (recommended by the social worker) he did not want to leave us, but we promised him that we would be back.  We picked him up again around 6 PM spent the evening together and he is now sound a sleep.  There are MANY positive things, but also some things that we have noticed that will take time to heal from.  Tomorrow the plan is to go visit grandma and say good-bye.  Although he was excited to be with us tonight, Dave and I think he doesn't truly understand that it is a forever thing, more like a fun night with fun people.  Please pray for us.  There are things that will be time issues, but for the most part the transition has been so supernatural.  We are able to stand and say,.....Look what the Lord has done!!

Enjoy the pictures!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Sarah. I saw your pictures on FB. I had forgotten how handsome he was : ) I'm so happy to hear the transitioning is going well. Praying for you guys.

    much love

    ReplyDelete