About Me

My photo
I am a daughter, a wife, and a mommy to 2 amazing boys. I have been married for 15 years to my hubs! I love Jesus with all my being. I appreciate a good cup of strong coffee, chocolate, yellow flowers, and my toes in the sand on a sunny FL. day. "What lies Behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us" Emerson.

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Shedding the pounds for South Korea

As it seems, Dave and I always have an obstacle to overcome in the adoption arena. It was our age with China and now, Dave needs to shed some lbs for Korea. Crazy.... So, I have decided that I should join Dave in his weight loss movement. I went running this morning, it was my first time in many, many months. However, a little motivation from Joan Jett never hurt anyone. I was jamming to "I love rock 'n roll" on my first stretch, the motivation slowly left as I knew I had to turn around and head home. Fun times!!

On a serious note.... Dave and I are schedule for our physicals on September 23rd. The physicals are the last piece of the puzzle for the completion of our home study. If you are not familiar with adoption jargon, the home study is the nucleus of an adoption.

We are waiting for our paperwork for our I-600. This process involves the Dept. of Homeland Security, I guess it makes sure we are legit. It cost a pretty penny just to fingerprint us. However, all the money in the world is worth bringing our baby home.

Please continue to pray for provision and joy as we continue to move forward. December or January should be the month we receive a referral for our baby.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Sarah. I'm so excited for you guys. So glad to hear that you are almost finished your home study. Once that is done, it's a load off of your mind. We will keep you guys in our prayers. We are about to mail our I800A off to Homeland Security. We had a terrible time last go round, so please pray for it to go smoothly this time. I am so at peace this time then with Izzy though and that certainly helps. I just know that we will not meet our sweet Mari again one minute before the Lord chooses for us to. As you go through your waiting times, please keep that treasured in your heart - The Lord's timing is perfect. I can't wait to see the pictures of you two with your little one. Many blessings to you both. Much love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sarah!

    Keep up the blog...I have NNNNOOOOO idea what I am doing in responding as I have NNNNOOOO idea really what a "Blog" is, however, I love you and want to encourage you to keep talking to us!!! We are listening as always....Can't wait to meet the "BEHREN BABY" real soon!!!!! Love you and looking forward to Saturday morning.

    Patty

    ReplyDelete