About Me

My photo
I am a daughter, a wife, and a mommy to 2 amazing boys. I have been married for 15 years to my hubs! I love Jesus with all my being. I appreciate a good cup of strong coffee, chocolate, yellow flowers, and my toes in the sand on a sunny FL. day. "What lies Behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us" Emerson.

Thursday, January 17, 2013

A long road

2012 was not the year I expected.  I had many plans of outrageous fun and activities with my boys and husband. However, in November of 2011 I hurt my back during a workout. I didn't feel the full affects until the week of Christmas. I was in so much pain. Fast forward to January of last  year I found out I herniated my disc and my nerve was pinched. I spent 11 months going through therapy at 2 different times, cortisone injections, rest, and lots of medications.   So, in September I had a myomectomy surgery, this was just the cherry on top of everything else. In November, I had my first back surgery to remove the disc herniation that was pressing on my nerve.  Three weeks later I had to have the same surgery, because my disc re-herniated post op. Most likely it re-herniated either being moved after surgery or throwing up for 12 hours post op. yuck!

I'm not blogging to complain, just a simple update.  So, my recovery has been slow since my 3rd surgery in December.  On January 1st I got a spinal fluid leak. I've never heard of anything like that, but my neuro surgeons office knew what was up. Cure, bed rest for a week......no improvement.  On Friday I had a epidural blood patch which seemed to help a lot.  A spinal fluid leak gives you a headache from the pits of hell.  No joke.

Going through all of this I have had many ups and downs.  Sad because I haven't been able to be the mom I want to be.  Thankful that Ethan loves to climb, because I haven't been able to lift him.  Truth is whenever any one of us goes through awful valleys we always need to keep our focus on King Jesus. I was listening to a message on Sunday from Bill Johnson and he said, "No giant looks big in the glory".  That is so true!!!  It is always about focus.   Despite all these things, I count it all joy.  That is the position that I am taking.

I know I have a long recovery road a head of me.  I am standing for a full healing and complete recovery.  God is always for me.... And you!

No comments:

Post a Comment