About Me

My photo
I am a daughter, a wife, and a mommy to 2 amazing boys. I have been married for 15 years to my hubs! I love Jesus with all my being. I appreciate a good cup of strong coffee, chocolate, yellow flowers, and my toes in the sand on a sunny FL. day. "What lies Behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us" Emerson.

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

GOOD News on Aiden's cleft Lip/Palate

Yesterday we got GREAT news about Aiden's cleft lip/palate.  We have, in my opinion, the most wonderful plastic surgeon.  He said that out of all the Chinese children he has seen, Aiden's surgeries in China are some of the best.  He does have a little opening that allows some air through, but he didn't seem to think it needs to be closed immediately.  So, Aiden is good until he is 7 years old when he has to have a bone graft and at that time they will close the tiny hole in his palate.  He has all his teeth, which is huge!!  The next step is to see a dentist on his cleft team.  My first thought of Aiden's next surgery is, "What happens if we are overseas", but that is easy.....one of us will travel back for the surgery or God will prepare another avenue for Aiden to have the best care somewhere else.   I love serving God.  No worries, no fear....complete trust, unspeakable joy, and peace that passes all understanding!!

We did go trick or treating (just a fun time to get some candy) on Sunday.  I don't have any pictures right now, because I shot them in a RAW format instead of JPEG and those can only be processed through Photoshop and my desktop is in the shop.   However, my little man dressed up as a ninja.   My view point of the night, the houses with lights on were sparse and maybe having a dress up party would have been better.  Overall, we had a great time with the family.

2 comments:

  1. Great news. God is so good :)

    Are you guys heading back to Hidden Treasures?

    Have a blessed Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If that is what the Father has for us. Our hearts are still in that small village in Fuzhou. Right now that is where we feel like we are headed. =) I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving too!!

    ReplyDelete