About Me

My photo
I am a daughter, a wife, and a mommy to 2 amazing boys. I have been married for 15 years to my hubs! I love Jesus with all my being. I appreciate a good cup of strong coffee, chocolate, yellow flowers, and my toes in the sand on a sunny FL. day. "What lies Behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us" Emerson.

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Unexpected Events happening in our lives!

So, here we are walking the road of a South Korean adoption and BAM...things look like they are changing. The short story is.... Dave and I worked overseas in China at a foster home our wonderful friends operate. A little boy from their foster home was adopted 16 months ago and recently his father contacted our friends and asked if they knew of someone that would adopt him. The family has gone through a very stressful and trying time since returning to the States. And it doesn't seem like there has been much, if any, attachment to this little guy at all. We were contacted and to us there is only one answer, "yes!". Did we have it in our thinking that we were going to adopt a 5yr old....no. But we have decided to say yes to this little guy, walk it out, and trust God for a baby. We are retaining the attorney today and will be walking this process out over the next few weeks. The good news for this little guy is that we have a number of people around us that already know him, because of either traveling to China while he lived there or simply through connection of our friend's ministry.

We have chosen to trust the Lord, as we will all the days of our lives! He knows!

As we walk this out, I will continue to post. As soon as I know we are moving towards him definitely coming home to us, I will post a picture. He is handsome!!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Sarah! What wonderful news!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It's crazy, but we are moving forward.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word, Sarah just found your blog again and read this post. How awesome! I truly hope this works out for you!!!!

    Gail(mama to William Michael)

    ReplyDelete