Today we got a beautiful call from LifeSong letting us know that we have been approved for a matching grant!!! I got the message and dialed LifeSong's # as fast as I could. My heart pounding, Abby answered the phone, we exchanged greetings, and then she said..."I have GREAT news for you!" I immediately cried and then apologized for melting down on her. I am sure they get that all the time. After all, they are in the business of bringing families together. So, now I have to send out support letters (which feels a bit awkward,but I will do it despite my feelings) and stand in faith that the full support comes in by the deadline, March 15th.
God is ALWAYS faithful! Now, we just need to get back on that list for our baby.

How wonderful!!! I hope that you are able to raise all that you need and are able to get back on that list very soon!!!
ReplyDeleteOh, that is wonderful. We also had a matching grant from Lifesong for Orphans. The letter was hard for me too. I felt strange at first telling people that we needed help to bring Marianna home, but then the Lord made it very clear to me that this was HIS plan, not mine. I humbled myself and sent out 150 letters. What an incredible response we had. And not just for helping Marianna. So many people are now asking us about adoption. WOW !! Wait till you guys see what the Lord does with this. I'm so excited for you. Much love to you guys. Also, thank you for bring Mari my care package. I know you loved on her plenty for us.
ReplyDelete