Yesterday we found out some information about our adoption. Because we don't have all our finances, we went from #2 on the list for a little boy to not being on the list at all. We are waiting to hear what the procedures are when we do have all the money. There is some conflicting information at our agency. It certainly wasn't the news that we wanted to hear. However, we are standing on the truth of God's promises and refuse to be swayed otherwise. Now, if I can get my emotions to line up with my Spirit...they are almost lined up, but depending on the conversation I may cry. I did that this morning and felt stupid.
It is just money, not to big for God.

I have an online adoption buddy that went through this same thing. They were able to get back on the list within a couple of months and received the referral for their son shortly thereafter. I will pray that God works in the hearts of others and that you are able to find the finances that you need to go back on that list. I'm positive that God already has your son's arrival into your lives planned.
ReplyDeleteSeriously? You don't just go on hold and maintain your spot on the list? Weird...and frustrating. But great reminder from Jen that God has it all planned out. No denying that it's disappointing though. Keep us posted on what happens.
ReplyDeleteSarah,
ReplyDeleteMy husband and I went on hold for 4 months during our adoption of our son using Lifelink. If you want to talk about how the process worked for us, e-mail me at cori.mohr@gmail.com.
I know it is frustrating, but it's very easy to get back on the list, and you certainly won't start over. We got our referral within 2 weeks of getting back on the list.
Thank you for all the encouraging words. It's so good to have people stand with you that have or are going through adoption.
ReplyDeleteSarah,
ReplyDeleteGod can and will bring them together at the right time! Trust me! E-mail me at carissa74@yahoo.com for our story!
Carissa
http://myeverydaymiracles.com